Tomorrow’s Final Solution Today…
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are substitutes for natural tooth roots. The implants are secured in the position of a lost tooth. The supported replacement teeth look, feel and function like original teeth.
What do dental implants do?
- can provide single or multiple non-removable tooth replacements
- can provide support to fasten a full denture, making it more secure and comfortable
- will support a fixed cemented bridge, eliminating the need for removable partial dentures
- can assist in the replacement of a tooth without the need to alter adjacent natural and healthy teeth, therefore avoiding possible bridgework
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Improved appearance – dental implants look and feel like your own natural teeth
- Improved comfort – dental implants eliminate the pain and discomfort associated with full or partial removable dentures
- Improved speech – dental implants preserve the integrity of the mouth, eliminating poor phonetics and allowing you to speak in a natural tone
- Dental implant can restore chewing capability, allowing you to eat your favorite foods without thinking twice about it
- Protect your remaining natural teeth- dental implants provide the benefit of avoiding the preparation of adjacent healthy teeth for bridgework
How do I know dental implants are right for me?
We can help you decide if a dental implant is right for you. First, we will review your medical and dental history, thoroughly examine oral tissues and supporting bone structure and check the way your teeth fit together when you bite. X-rays and models of your teeth may be taken and analyzed. After careful examination, we will talk with you regarding dental implant options. At that time, you should discuss the benefits, risks and possible treatments.
What is the success rate?
According to the most recent studies published by the American Academy of Periodontology and the International College of Oral Implantology, the long-term findings indicate success rates in the 95-99% region.